Saturday, October 06, 2007

Birmingham Schools - A Message Revisited

Why am I running again for the Birmingham Board of Education?

It's a question my friends ask because they mistakenly assume that service on the board is a thankless job. It is a hard job that takes a significant amount of time and dedication (for no pay) but it's far from thankless. The energy and passion of this district's professional staff is contagious, and I see the results every day in my children. I believe my education and professional background in finance is a meaningful addition to a talented board, especially at this time of economic turmoil.

So the simple answer is this: by serving on the board I'm making a meaningful contribution to something that really matters to my family and me - keeping our school system great.

No comments: