Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Updates On The Way

It's been a long time since my last post, but not for lack of work. I've taken to the more visible avenues like FaceBook and Twitter. It's a different format but has a wider, immediate reach. Of course, those are not viable venues for deeper commentary or analysis - the modern blog format is the great leveler for that type of work. To that end I will be transitioning this blog to my personal/work webpage in the near future. Now, you might say that hosting a blog on a professional website is a risky move, and there is some truth in that. I'm willing to accept that some people that might be inclined to work with me, or hire me, will choose not to based on current or past posts.  I'm ok with that.  I've always attempted to take a measured and defensible position on the issues I discuss. If I lose business because of my thoughts it's entirely acceptable outcome because everyone has the right to disagree and think my positions or conclusions are wrong.

 I would however hope that my positions are not so bombastic as to alienate even the most opposed to my commentary. After all, honest and open discourse is what moved the founding fathers to the final structure of the Republic. Surely a simple blog can be afforded the same consideration? I will always welcome opposing view points because those views are valid...even if they are wrong ;-)

No comments: